Responsible for oversight of planning, scheduling, design, construction and project close out of all engineering designated capital projects in accordance with then governing regulatory and funding agencies [Burbank-Glendale—Pasadena Airport Authority (BGPAA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), City of Burbank, City of Los Angeles, County of Los Angeles]. Responsible for selection and oversight of outside consultants (architects, engineers, specialty consultants) providing services on capital projects being managed by the engineering department. Responsible for oversight of general contractors, trade contractors, and/or design-builders entities engaged in construction services as part of the execution of the Airport’s Capital Construction Plan. Manage, monitor and assure that all engineering project deliverables comply with all governing code requirements, FAA advisory circulars and directives; are consistent with the Airport’s Design Standards or Performance Specifications, and adhere to applicable Code(s) of Federal Regulations (“CFRs”), FAA requirements; TSA regulatory requirements, and/or City of Burbank and Los Angeles regulatory requirements or project specific Conditions of Approval. Supervise engineering department staff.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Oversight of the development and/or refinement of the “Airport’s Safety Program (Capital Projects)” – so that Safety FIRST remains paramount and is administered appropriately.
- Oversight and supervision of Maintenance, Engineering, Planning, Design and Construction Services Department staff (Airport Planner, Discipline Engineer, Construction Manager(s), Project Coordinator(s) and Construction Field Supervisor(s), and Administrative-Document Controls).
- Oversight of the labor management agreement between TBI Airport Management, Inc.and International Union of Operating Engineers (Local 501). Participation in labor union negotiations, grievance and arbitration proceedings.
- Developing project budgets and completion time lines, and manage projects project execution to those budgets and timelines.
- Oversight of the development of goals, objectives, policies and procedures relative to Environmental, Noise and the Residential Acoustical Treatment Program.