Note: The following job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities associated with this position. The duties listed are illustrative, not exhaustive and any omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
- With the assistance of the Construction Project Managers, this position ensures that regular construction progress meetings are conducted between contractors, designers, and inspectors to review procedures, progress, scheduling and changes to the work.
- With the assistance of the Construction Project Managers, this position ensures that all construction activities are accurately documented and reported.
- Facilitate construction staff meetings. This includes regularly scheduled night time staff meetings as well.
- Monitor the contractor’s implementation and maintenance of a Safety Program. Review all proposed changes to the construction contracts and assure proper application and interpretation of the Contract Documents.
- Provides oversight of the successful resolution and correction of Notices of Non-Compliance and oversees the preparation of the monthly status of construction report by the construction project manager.
- Reviews the schedules submitted by the contractor to ensure compliance with the contract and monitors each contractor’s monthly submittals of schedules to ensure they remain within the parameters established by the contract. This includes reporting any major variance with recommended corrective action. Coordinates phasing of contractors’ work to complete the project(s) according to the Authority’s objectives of cost, time and quality.
- Acts as the representative of the Authority at the site of all construction work.
- Oversees Construction Project Managers’ scheduling and conducting of progress meetings at which contractors and inspectors can jointly discuss matters such as procedures, progress, problems, field changes and scheduling. Establishes procedures for cooperation and coordination between inspectors and contractors concerning all aspects of the project and implements such procedures.
- Monitors the Architect/Engineer in determining that factory inspection and testing for items fabricated outside project limits is performed and assures that all necessary field records that arise out of the Work are maintained and provides oversight of the Project closeout procedures.
- Oversees the preparation and negotiation of all contract change orders.
The qualifications to perform successfully in this position are a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Building Construction from an accredited college or university, and at least ten years of experience in construction administration or construction management, preferably at a medium or large hub airport or similar facility with 24-hour per day operations (e.g. hospital, university, large multi-story hotel complex). Additional experience in lieu of the preferred Bachelor’s Degree may be considered.
- Senior Construction Project Managers
- Construction Project Managers
- Senior Construction Inspectors
To be a major driver in the economic growth of the Tampa Bay Region. We will be leading edge innovators to create global access and extraordinary customer experiences through our people and facilities to build prosperity for our stakeholders and the region.
To be a vibrant aviation gateway for Tampa Bay, providing access and economic opportunity for our stakeholders.