Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze communications needs and develop strategic communications plans
- Identify, research, and play a key role in the resolution of public issues
- Research, design, develop, and implement communications, advertising, and marketing strategies, including planning, copy writing, media buying, image positioning, and design and production of final product
- Develop, write, edit, and market Airport information to local, state, national trade publications, and broadcast media
- Produce marketing collateral, such as brochures and newsletters
- Participate in shaping public opinion and perception; identify and create key communications plans and statements
- Work with focus groups and task forces to offer strategies for conflict resolution, public participation, and communications
- Coordinates logistics for a variety of special events, including venues, vendors, publicity, and communications
- Pertinent local, state, and federal laws, codes, and regulations
- Digital and social media tools
- Pertinent Federal Aviation Administration rules and regulations
- Proper English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Modern office procedures and equipment
- Multi-task, function well under pressure, and meet various deadlines
- Create graphical displays, brochures, and media
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
Ideal candidates will also demonstrate:
- Experience which demonstrates familiarity with mobile applications, graphic design, campaign marketing and promotional, and e-mail marketing software.
- Experience utilizing, and communicating with, social and digital media tools.
- Experience with airport/aviation public relations and marketing.
Relevant Background and Formal Education:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in communications, journalism, media relations, or a related field.
- One year of full-time public relations, communications, or marketing experience.
- Possess, or obtain upon hire, and maintain a valid Colorado driver's license.
- This position requires on-call availability for after-hour emergency communications and occasional 24 hour operations.
- The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint-based criminal history records check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.
- Physical Demands: The ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds occasionally is required.
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting closes on 05/03/17