The Training Supervisor is responsible for implementing security officer training at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. The Training Supervisor will be assigned to a variety of shifts as needed for Security Guard training. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering orientation/training.
- Identifying individual and organizational needs.
- Designing and implementing learning objectives and curriculum.
- Determining appropriate learning methodologies and developing tools to assess the quality and effectiveness of training programs.
- Gathering and analyzing data and develops appropriate learning solutions.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and making recommendations accordingly.
- Coordination with the HR Manager and Scheduler and making recommendations regarding post placement of new employees.
- Maintenance of training records.
- Ability to perform all Supervisor duties if needed.
- Involvement in the interviewing process of new hires.
- Performing related tasks as assigned.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality training programs through regular contact with the DTW Compliance Supervisor, Securitas Security Supervisors and Management Team members; evaluates site training programs/quality and initiates improvement suggestions as necessary.
- Monitors training progress and compliance of individual officers using the Securitas Vision and Securitas Connect dashboards; Analyzes training indicators to continuously improve site training/operational performance.
- Meets regularly with DTW Supervisors for status updates and addresses any actual or training potential problems; carries out training planning, assessments, audits and surveys; reviews and updates post orders as it correlates to training protocols.
- Trains, and develops high caliber staff in collaboration with Account management; coaches employees to enhance skills through training assignments.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that Trainees understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Follows up with DTW Management Team on action plan updates and progress.
- Provides input to company, DTW, and Branch initiatives as requested; promptly assists in the resolution of training issues.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned training objectives.
Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned training
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position supplemental qualifications provided for consideration.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- B.A. or B.S degree preferred
- 1 or more years' experience as Security Account Manager or Site Manager encompassing a site of 50+ or more security officers to include field related Training in the security industry and/or business management, and responsible experience in the security industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education and;
- Military, Police or Fire Service Management experience can be substituted for the field security management experience on the basis of one year of Military, Police or Fire service management experience for one year of security field management experience.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn training/security operations and procedures of WCAA sites
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of Client and Securitas Leadership.
- Knowledge of Training operations management
- Ability to synthesize Training data and develop solutions.
- Ability to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients. Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Basic skills in keyboarding, computer usage, and operating controls.
- Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software a definite plus
- Planning of training programs, organizing and leadership skills a definite plus.
- Strong internal customer service and service delivery orientation a must.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective training leader and team member.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations.
- May be required to work additional hours without advance notice.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for up to 8 hours per day and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Possible lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties. Vehicles are to include but not limited to: cars, trucks, electric carts and bicycles.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical activity.
- Depending upon training assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Frequent travel to client sites for oral presentations, group meetings, and site training surveys.
- In a training environment, may be Directing, motivating, coaching, but always in a positive manner.
- Reading and analyzing reports and training data, including related computer usage.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.