The essential duties of the job involve the following:
1. Manages teams involved in ground transportation function activities; balances immediate and long-term objectives of airport ground transportation programs; manages and drives business deployment activities; keeps project goals and objectives aligned with business strategies.
2. Oversees permitting efforts, operations of taxicabs, for-hire vehicles, courtesy shuttles and other commercial vehicles at the airport; ensures inspection completion of commercial vehicles and ensures prompt resolution of deficiencies identified; develops airport transit related strategies and works closely with transit providers to promote the use of mass transit services.
3. Plans and implements ground transportation information systems, systematic and equipment including revenue control systems; manages implementation and upgrades of technical and/or mechanical systems to assure effective parking access, trip fee collection, tracking of taxi and vehicle for hire dispatch, permitting and revenue control and collection.
4. Manages tasks against the project plan; develops parking facilities strategies and projects; manages details of the work unit functions, programs and services for efficiency; utilizes financial practices and strategies to maintain fiscal integrity parking enterprise and implements accountability-based fiscal practices to ensure prudent expenses and revenue streams.
5. Continually seek opportunities to deliver value to the business while staying within project scope; works with cross functional project teams; collaborates with stakeholders and decision-makers while performing duties; supports planning initiatives with parking and transportation demand analysis and projections.
6. Manages contracts and contractual obligations; develops work unit's budget; implements and maintains accountability-based fiscal practices for expenses and revenue stream; prepares contracts requests for proposal for; manages contractors’ activities.
7. Participates in appeal sessions to adjudicate violations pertaining to rules and regulations ground transportation providers; responds to parking and ground transportation issues including complaints, investigations and notification of actions and resolution of complaints.
8. Represents business to others at meetings and through presentations; communicates ideas and document activities and deliverables; serves as liaison to stakeholders, government agencies and airport tenants; acts in the department director's absence and may direct parking traffic enforcement function; performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from a college or university with a major in public business administration, airport management or related field and six years of ground transportation and parking management operations experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.