This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department. Under the general direction of the Payroll Manager:
- Develops, reviews, updates and/or distributes specialized workforce budget reports and spreadsheets; compiles,calculates and analyzes data and information from a variety of sources; reviews and audits reports, identifies discrepancies, notifies supervisor and other appropriate sources and ensures that issues are resolved; distributes reports to internal and external sources in a timely manner.
- Responsible to maintain the payroll module in the HRIS software system coordinating updates and changes with software provider. Interfaces with Human Resources Department and other departments and personnel on the effect of changes and assists with overall administration.
- Prepares and analyzes the annual budget for salaries expense and related benefits, including analyses to determine the reasons for variances from budget and variances between years
- Audits, balances and/or reconciles assigned accounts, including general ledger payroll accounts; identifies and resolves issues; identifies and researches issues, errors and problems and develops and provides recommendations to ensure issues are fully resolved; as necessary, coordinates with IT staff and/or software/service providers on system issues and problems.
- Performs other responsible accounting and reporting functions related to general ledger maintenance, month-end and year-end closings, and the annual audit; As needed, functions as backup to the Payroll Manager in his/her absence.
- As assigned by the Payroll Manager and/or as needed to function as a backup to the Payroll Accounting Specialists and ensure timely payrolls, verifies, audits, edits and initiates processing of payroll; reviews employee electronic time records; identifies and works with appropriate departments and/or supervisors to resolve time reporting discrepancies; enters timekeeping data in the payroll system; generates, reviews and reconciles payroll reports to ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll, earning statements and deductions; identifies and resolves discrepancies; generates payroll checks; transmits direct deposit files; verifies that each employee receives payroll check or earnings statement each pay period.
- As assigned by the Payroll Manager, ensures the Board meets legal requirements in regard to employee benefits, payroll taxes and garnishments and provides all necessary information and payments to IRS, state tax authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Provides accurate and timely information and assistance to employees; researches and handles daily inquiries from employees on a wide array of technical matters related to payroll.
- Trains payroll staff as necessary in payroll processes, data entry, reconciliations and preparation of adjusting journal entries to the general ledger.
- Provides guidance and training to all departments and answers questions on and regarding the payroll/time management system and related processes and records.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field to the area of assignment and five years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Strong spreadsheet experience required.
Experience with integrated Payroll/HR systems preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) (preferred)
- Obtain/maintain position appropriate NIMS and emergency training
- Maintains Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Management principles and practices;
- Generally accepted accounting principles and practices (GAAP);
- Payroll and related benefits laws and processes;
- Regulations related to garnishments, levies and other withholdings;
- KCAB policies, practices and procedures.
- Clearly and effectively communicating, and advocating, both orally and in writing;
- Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including Microsoft Office products, payroll software such as Ultipro software and general ledger software such as Oracle;
- Development and use of spreadsheets
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
- Demonstrated skill in payroll and related benefits processing;
- Demonstrated skill in general ledger and other account reconciliation;
- Demonstrated skill in use of independent judgment.
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving and project management
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently, or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body.
Interested candidates can obtain more information and apply at www.cvgairport.com/jobs.
The Kenton County Airport Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans