The City of Pittsfield is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Airport Manager, who will be responsible for all operations of the Pittsfield Municipal Airport. The Airport Manager will be responsible for all financial matters, contracts, personnel administration, correspondence, public relations, maintenance and construction, safety, grounds, and regulatory compliance and enforcement.
•Act as agent of the Airport Commission and be the Chief Operating Officer of the airport
•Assume responsibility for optimum operational management of all functions of a municipal airport
•Carry out all matters of policy established by the Commission and make all administrative decisions thereto
•Develop the annual operating and capital budgets for submission to the Commission
•Responsible for snow removal operations and condition reporting via NOTAMS
•Perform all other duties, functions and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Airport Commission
*Full description available on careers site*
• Bachelor’s degree in aviation management, transportation planning, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience in airport operations/administration at a public-owned airport, five (5) years’ of supervisory experience preferred
• Thorough working knowledge of applicable FARs, advisory circulars, and Massachusetts laws and regulations related to airport operation, design, construction/alteration and development
• Valid Massachusetts Class D driver’s license
• Ability to obtain a Massachusetts Airport Manager’s License within six months
• Accredited Airport Executive credentials a plus
• May consider relative airport training, experience, and/or education, as it deems necessary, in lieu of preferred requirements
About City of Pittsfield
The City of Pittsfield is the cultural, commercial, legal, and medical center of the Berkshires – a region renowned for its wonderful people, outstanding standard of living, beautiful landscapes, and the finest in cultural and recreational attractions.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a multicultural work force, excellence in public service, and on-going mutual respect in our working relationships. Minorities are encouraged to apply.