Oversees planning and programming functions for state and federal airport improvement programs and projects from initial planning phase through consultant selection and close-out; implements the Texas Airport System Plan and oversees the Aviation Facilities Development Program. Reports to the Director, Aviation Division. Supervises a small group of technical and professional personnel. Work requires extensive contact with governmental agencies at federal, state and local levels, elected officials, aviation interest groups, contractors and private entities. Employees at this level are virtually self-supervising and assume direct accountability for the work product.
Extensive knowledge of
• Airport transportation planning and development principles and practices • The statewide air transportation plan • Federal Aviation Administration circulars, orders and regulations.
Thorough knowledge of
• Applicable laws, rules and regulations
Expert skill in
• Supervising technical, professional, and administrative staff • Public relations for maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups • Comprehending and implementing program goals
Proficient skill in
• Overseeing and coordinating projects and program activities • Analyzing and organizing business and technical data • Using personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems
• 7 years in Aviation or transportation planning • (Experience can be satisfied by fulltime or prorated parttime equivalent) • Must have three (3) years supervisory/managerial experience. Project leader or lead worker experience may substitute for supervisory/managerial experience. • Related graduate level education may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis
Internal Number: 116043
About Texas Department of Transportation Aviation Division
The Texas Department of Transportation - Aviation Division (TxDOT) seeks an experienced Airport Planner to join our Team.