The following functions and all other functions not included in this job description are to be performed in the best interests and for the greater good of TAA.
- Develop and execute departmental strategies; measure progress toward goal accomplishment aligned with the organization’s Strategic Plan; ensure work efforts are aligned with the Strategic Plan priorities; track and document work activities; measure and evaluate results.
- Produce a diversified revenue stream in support of TAA’s strategic plan of proactive, sustainable, and long-term growth; drive innovation/experimentation efforts to uncover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develop initiatives and implement successful commercial and retail plans to diversify and enhance commercial operations, grow revenue and achieve maximum performance.
- Assess business development opportunities through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends, comprehensive market assessments and cost benefit analyses in support of identified initiatives; identify opportunities and enhancements to existing revenue generating programs; ensure the TAA is positioned to capitalize on opportunities.
- Proactively provide analytical insights and proposed solutions to growth obstacles and future performance issues.
- Direct leasing, property management, concessions, ground transportation and air service development activities; build a high-performing division that integrates revenue, business development with customer service.
- Engage with community partners to develop and implement air service development plans and strategies to retain and expand domestic and international passenger and cargo air service at Tucson International Airport (TUS).
- Establish and grow strong collaborative professional relationships within TAA and with community partners to further strategic objectives.
- Lead efforts to examine current business relationships for growth opportunities and proactively surface new business relationships; lead cross functional teams with other appropriate TAA departments to achieve efficiencies and sustained business effectiveness.
- Develop, execute and maintain competitive and innovative sales and marketing strategies.
- Establish realistic but aggressive performance metrics for teams and individual personnel.
- Supervise and provide ongoing training and development of TAA personnel.
- Assist in the development of the department’s annual operating budget; monitor the department budget; develop and submit recommendations for the Capital Improvement, Major Maintenance and Capital Outlay Programs as related to the department’s areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the facilitation and development of department goals and objectives to support the Strategic Plan, and monitor progress; collaborate with other TAA departments and divisions to coordinate goals and objectives that require a cross-functional team approach.
- Complete performance management for employees; monitor and evaluate the performance of personnel using standardized criteria; ensure required training is accomplished; exercise leadership and encourage employees to attend training or professional development opportunities.
- Be responsive to airport emergencies and situations that may involve loss of human life or property; support public safety and operational response to emergencies; utilize Incident Management System (ICS)/National Incident Management System (NIMS) protocols and procedures; coordinate and/or participate in after-action emergency de-briefing with appropriate departments and stakeholders.
- Ensure your supervisor and/or leadership is kept abreast of critical issues or conditions; maintain an effective external and internal communication system among all TAA departments, the Board, media, community leaders, outside agencies and others.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with local, state and federal agencies; represent TAA at various meetings.
- Act within the scope of authority and ensure that TAA’s management objectives, principles, policies, programs and guidelines are consistently observed.
The above listed functions are not necessarily all the essential functions. Job duties and functions may be expanded or reduced by management based on needs of the organization.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Finance, Public Administration, Aviation Management or related field; ten years of progressively responsible managerial and executive level experience in marketing, commercial and/or business development, or a combination of additional education and experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the position. Aviation/Airport experience and A.A.E. certification strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles of complex deal structures and contract negotiations.
- Principles and practices of advanced sales, marketing and business development concepts.
- Change management; team building.
- Imaginative approaches to generating, promoting and delivering new ideas aimed at enhancing the customer experience and driving additional revenue.
- Creating a vision for revenue development, conceiving of ideas and inspiring staff to translate opportunities into actionable
- Presentation and executive level communication.
- Business acumen, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Recognition of and communicating the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Assessing opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Conducting rigorous research and analysis and appropriately applying insights.
- Written and verbal communication with a high level of confidence in engaging people at all levels of an organization
- Organization; oral, listening, and written communications; proof-reading; critical-thinking and multi-tasking.
- Taking initiative and being a self-starter.
- Exercising effective supervisory management and leadership
- Budget development, analysis and management.
- Program development and implementation.
- Motivating and mentoring staff.
- Clean, temperature controlled facilities.
- Semi-enclosed work spaces.
- Noise level typical of a standard administrative office setting.
- At times, work in a high-noise environment and extreme weather.
- Address time sensitive and urgent matters related to complex business matters and operations with good judgment and effectiveness.
- Effectively manage emergency events and situations consistent with federal regulations, NIMS/ICS, and best practices.
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, with mature judgment, in fast moving work surroundings, with deadlines and multiple projects.
- Initiate and organize responsibilities without observant supervision.
- Move freely from primary work area to tenant locations as necessary.
- Communicate via telephone with sufficient clarity to be understood by others.
- Read, write, and speak the English language in an articulate, fluent manner.
- Operate a computer and computer software appropriate for assigned position.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with departmental personnel, all TAA employees, tenants, Board and Authority members, outside agency representatives, and the general public.
- Understand that dissemination of information outside of job requirements is based on “need-to-know” and must maintain discreet and professional sense of confidentiality due to sensitive nature of job functions.
- Be sensitive and aware of actions and reactions of employees, tenants, and outside agencies, the general public, and inform supervisor of appropriate concerns as necessary.
- Engage in self-improvement activities and training as necessary and directed.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Must obtain and maintain access to the Security Identification Display Area (SIDA).
- Must successfully complete the National Incident Management System (NIMS) 100, 200, 700 and 800 requirements and certification within the first year.
- As an employee, you are deemed to be essential personnel as part of TAA’s emergency response, and must respond to airport incidents, as requested/required.
- Will serve at the pleasure of the President/CEO and is not covered under the appeals process.