The City of Waterloo, Iowa is seeking a qualified, goal oriented candidate to serve as the city's next Director of the Waterloo Regional Airport (ALO). The ideal candidate will be a multifaceted leader who is engaged in the development, directing, managing, and coordination of airport operations. This is a professional management and supervisory position responsible for direction and future growth of the Waterloo Regional Airport! The work is performed under the general direction of the Mayor and the Airport Board but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
1. Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in airport operations management, business administration, public administration or closely related field and minimum ten years progressively more responsible management experience at a FAR Part 139 airport
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
2. Certification by the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) as a Certified Member (CM) or an Accredited Airport Executive (A.A.E.)
3. Extensive airside work or comparable aviation experience.
4. Prefer experience in financial management, lease negotiations and public relations/marketing.
5. Prefer pilot's license or military equivalent.
6. Current driver's license and good driving record based on City of Waterloo driver performance criteria.
The City of Waterloo employs approximately 510 full time employees and up to 250 part time and seasonal employees.
The City of Waterloo places high emphasis on excellence, internal and external customer service, integrity, and the involvement of Waterloo citizens. The City takes pride in its dedicated, professional staff members who work hard every day to ensure optimum service delivery to the citizens of Waterloo.
The City of Waterloo values its employees and strives to provide a safe workplace that promotes professionalism, continuous improvement, and balance in the lives of its employees.